The California Poultry Federation is a great resource for you to find information on the diverse and dynamic poultry industry.
CPF has developed a 10-unit High School Poultry & Egg curriculum aligned to California’s content Standards for Career Technical Education. The CD&DVD offer a comprehensive look at the commercial poultry and egg industries. Included Lesson Plans:
- Introduction to the Poultry
- Industry History of the Poultry Industry
- History of the Poultry Industry
- Chicken Genetics and Reproduction
- Turkey Reproduction
- Broiler Production
- Egg Layer Production
- Turkey Production
- Egg Processing
- Poultry Processing
- Niche Poultry Markets
- Poultry Anatomy and Physiology
- Poultry Health and Welfare
Also included is a ten minute video about various careers available in the poultry industry.
Please contact Art Razo by Email or at the Office (209) 576-6355, to request additional educational material.