In June the Merced County Department of Public Health issued a warning to residents of a salmonella infection linked to contact with live poultry. One case had been reported in Merced County. The resident infected was exposed to a salmonella strain from poultry in the home, according to officials at the health department. The patient was hospitalized and has since recovered. The Center for Disease Control (CDC) reminds people of safety habits that can help to alleviate the transferring of germs connected to salmonella. Salmonella itself is the bacteria that can cause diseases in humans. It’s not the actual disease. Salmonellosis is what you get from ingesting salmonella. The symptoms associated with salmonellosis include nausea, vomiting, fever and other unpleasant health issues. Backyard birding has been on the rise for a number of years. Read more
Trackback from your site.